Wednesday 27 January 2010

Work... still on my mind

Harry is really coming into his own now. Such a cute, sunny personality (most of the time, but not always!), he is an absolute joy to be with.

I have work like a dark cloud fogging the back of my brain, there like an elephant in the room. The fact is I will have to go back at some point, but I am going to get my calculator out to try and see how long we can survive without the salary for. I can technically have up until the end of September but we will see!

I think it is so sad the way life is these days - I really believe the best thing for most Mums and their children is for Mum to be at home with them. (Not all, mind. I do appreciate that we are all different so one size definitely does not fit all.) I wish I had thought deeply about this before being such a 'consumer'. I am probably the biggest consumer I know. Of all things. If we had been more frugal it would be much easier to consider being at home. Makes me feel sad and a little foolish.

I have some ideas about what I can do to make some money in a way that fits in more with the life I want to have with my family. Those ideas tap into my creative side that has laid dormant for the last 12 or so years. A long time to sit on such a strong side of my personality. I think becoming a mother has made me more in touch with who I am and I have discovered I am a person that I like. A bonus I suppose! ;)

A little deeper than I intended but there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment