Monday 22 February 2010

A weekend away - not what we expected

I am sat here on Sunday, it's 5pm and it's just me and the dog. We are sat in a glorious 4 bedroom cottage in a tiny hamlet called Laithes, nr Penrith, Cumbria. We rented it to enjoy spending time with our friends Jimmy & Alison along with their kids. Also a chance for them to meet Harry for the first time.
The first element of this that did not go to plan was that as Simon unexpectedly had to work until lunchtime on Friday (instead of being off all day), we left far later to get here, at 4pm. Being Friday, the traffic was terrible so we didn't arrive until 11pm, complete with a slightly grumpy Harry, not surprisingly really!! Then I woke feeling a bit rough resulting in Simon buying me some 'tummy upset' pills. I was then fine but Simon then caught whatever it is, then Harry lost a whole feed all over my jeans and the floor. Nice. So J, A and the kids packed up their stuff and went home about 8pm. Can't say I blame them! That left me and Lucy on the sofa feeling a bit bereft really. Simon then got banished to elsewhere in the house as he was VERY poorly and at this minute, still is. Harry is fine, I am fine, Lucy is in a mood because she wants to go out running, and Simon is in bed... Maybe we'll try this again later in the year...

UPDATE: We are home now, all better. Home sweet home. Harry was great on the journey, considering it's pretty much 6 hours in his carseat - with breaks, he cried toward the end but then I felt like crying too ;) bloody M25...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (ever so slightly addicted)

1 comment:

  1. Hrm, wonder if we are doing an action replay of this post right now! :(

    ReplyDelete