Tuesday 25 August 2009

The end is nigh...

Worked this out yesterday.

I am on holiday from 2nd Oct for a week followed by maternity leave which starts officially on 12th Oct! That means just under 6 weeks left in the office. Most weeks I have at least one day at home either as holiday or working from home, so I can truly start believing that the commute is nearly over... Am very excited! But it focuses the mind - I need to start working on a proper handover to my team, not to mention finish the nursery! Eeek!

2 comments:

  1. I really, really hope you get this time to do everything you need at your own pace...I *felt* perfectly ready for the baby, but in reality it was really tough for Flyingpops to have that carpet of time yanked from beneath her...oh and if our nursery is anything to go by, forget it, it's the master bedroom, the kitchen and the living room that need your focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fink - I really hope we have time too! But I am trying to prepare for an early arrival - a bit paranoid because of you three! I think we are ok on living room etc, I just need to work out where to put the steriliser in the kitchen. Am v excited about the nursery though - as we are on one level I do think I will spend quite a lot of time in there and will definitely be putting the baby in there for sleeps during the day as I am keen for them to get used to being relaxed away from our bedroom! However, I do accept that the reality may be somewhat different...

    ReplyDelete